This week on The PeopleSoft Administrator Podcast, we discuss various ways to manage environment variables and a great package from Chris Malek to use with JSON files. Then we dig into using Puppet with PeopleTools 8.55 and how you can extend the DPK’s with your Puppet modules.
We want to make this podcast part of the community discussion on PeopleSoft administration. If you have comments, feedback, or topics you’d like us to talk about, we want to hear from you! You can email us at email@example.com, tweet us at @psa_io, or use the Twitter hashtag #psadminpodcast.
- DPK Quickstart Course
- psadmin.io Community
- PIA Download to Excel @ 2:00
- 8.55 Validate button on Report Node page @ 7:00
- Manage Environment Variables with Decoupled Homes @ 8:30
- JSONtoXML App Class from Chris Malek @ 18:30
- DPK 8.55.06 Patching Support @ 20:00
- Customizing DPK Roles @ 24:00
- Extending the DPK with Puppet Modules @ 30:00
- Multiple PUM NativeOS DPK’s on a machine @ 40:00
- Why Dan is limiting DPK usage, for now @ 44:30
- Future of DPK and using Puppet? @ 48:00
- Windows 10 Path Limitation @ 57:30